This year we are kicking off our Black History Month moments by highlighting our first Black and first woman Vice President, Kamala Harris.
This year we are kicking off our Black History Month moments by highlighting our first Black and first woman Vice President, Kamala Harris. Vice President Harris was born on October 20, 1964 in Oakland, CA. A Howard University Graduate, Vice President Harris went on to become District Attorney in 2004, in 2010 was elected as the first African American and first woman Attorney General of California and took office in the US Senate in 2017. Continuing a blazing political career, in 2019, Vice President Harris announced that she would be pursuing the Democratic Presidential Nomination for the 2020 election. Although she did not gain the Democratic Nomination, her reputation preceded her, and she was selected to be the Vice-Presidential running mate for President Joe Biden. In November 2021 Kamala Harris became the first Black woman elected as Vice President of the United States.
- Happy Women’s History Month from Swope Ridge!
- This week’s highlight honors a Kansas City baseball legend!
- Last week, Swope Ridge had the ~divine~ opportunity to spend some time at the Scott Eicke Warming Center in Bartle Hall, to extend our services to potential residents in need.
- As a nonprofit organization and the only long-term care safety-net provider within the urban core of Kansas City, we thrive on the kindness and donations of others!
- Looking for a fun and flexible work environment?