A critical and much needed conversation for our community.
A critical and much needed conversation for our community. Please take a few moments to read and introspectively determine where you land on this issue and why.
“I am a product of public schooling meaning vaccinations are nothing new. As a healthcare worker, I have received flu vaccines for the last three years even though I rarely get sick from the flu. Why? Because I couldn’t look myself in the mirror if I inadvertently got someone sick and THEY passed away because I was strong enough to fight it off but they weren’t. Admittedly, our responsibility in healthcare is greater than most but care for fellow humans is a hallmark of our very existence.
I know for myself, I will be first in line to get it. Not because I necessarily want to but because I know others need to see it to believe it. Much like I was first to receive the COVID-19 nasopharyngeal swab back in May infront of a lobby full of coworkers. Leadership comes with responsibilities bigger than ourselves. I always pray that my response is adequate and appropriate.
My admonition… Please don’t dismiss what could be a life-saving vaccine because of fear and mistrust. Do your research and be prepared when it is your time to answer the call. Remember true wealth is good health. Stay safe and informed!”
– Sidney Smith, Chief Executive Officer
swoperidge COVID19 nursinghome seniorcare COVID19Vaccine
- As a nonprofit organization and the only long-term care safety-net provider within the urban core of Kansas City, we thrive on the kindness and donations of others!
- Did you know that Swope Ridge has an entire section on our website dedicated to Covid-19 Vaccine information?
- Looking for a fun and flexible work environment?
- Last week we succeeded in vaccinating a large population of our residents with their first Covid-19!
- We are working hard to protect our residents and staff as we continue to fight this pandemic – and soon, we’ll take a huge step forward: <a href='http://ahcancal.