“I came to Swope Ridge Geriatric Center in the Summer of 2017, shortly after the unexpected passing of my predecessor.
“I came to Swope Ridge Geriatric Center in the Summer of 2017, shortly after the unexpected passing of my predecessor. During that time, we were in a state of high uncertainty. What started as a temporary assignment turned into caring about the longevity of Swope Ridge and the seniors that depend on us. Seniors of Kansas City that overwhelmingly look like my family, neighbors, and myself.
I spoke with our Board of Directors about my vision of what senior care should be in Kansas City and that is simple. It is having a place and a team that a person can trust to care for their loved one. A community of people dedicated to creating an unbeatable experience for families and the seniors we care for each day. We believe our success begins within our organization; so, an internal transformation became the focus of our management team. Because of this, we started implementing more open communication with our employees, transparent communication with our families and residents, and more attention to detail.
One of those details happens to be our logo. Our new logo, website, social media presence and other branding elements, are all part of our effort to show you the good that our team does every day. It is our medium to communicate and show that we are taking care of our residents, families, staff and community. We care about what you think of us, right now, before you need us and our rebranding effort is one of many ways we will continue to show why Swope Ridge Geriatric Center is a place that you can trust, if a need arises.
On behalf of our entire team, we look forward to showing you the care we have for Kansas City’s most vulnerable residents.”
Sidney Smith, CEO
Swope Ridge Geriatric Center
- As a nonprofit organization and the only long-term care safety-net provider within the urban core of Kansas City, we thrive on the kindness and donations of others!
- Did you know that Swope Ridge has an entire section on our website dedicated to Covid-19 Vaccine information?
- Looking for a fun and flexible work environment?
- Last week we succeeded in vaccinating a large population of our residents with their first Covid-19!
- We are working hard to protect our residents and staff as we continue to fight this pandemic – and soon, we’ll take a huge step forward: <a href='http://ahcancal.