“… If you don’t push yourself, you won’t get anything out of it.”
Today we highlight a true success story!
Dominique Humphrey arrived at our facility December 11, 2020, right after having his leg amputated due to sepsis. Being 35 years old, Dominique was a rare face at Swope Ridge, but he soon became known for his positive outlook and bright personality!
Speaking about his healing and rehab process, Dominique stated, “I started going easier on myself about accepting things that I cannot change… it comes with maturity.” He also described getting discouraged and having his motivation broken earlier in his process while waiting for his prosthesis to arrive. Dominique had to get through those feelings of sadness and fear, in order to get to the other side with happiness, strength, and pride.
Two months ago Dominique came here in a wheel chair and today, because of his perseverance and dedication, he will be WALKING out to go home!
Dominique, thank you for sharing your story and reminding us all to persevere! Good Luck!!
- Happy Earth Day -From Swope Ridge
- Swope Ridge is here to provide the best suitable plan for you and your loved ones.
- Instead of us telling you how great Swope Ridge is, have a look at what others are saying.
- As Swope Ridge continues to rebrand itself, many changes are in the works.
- As the covid vaccines are opening up to the rest of the public, here is a quick overview of the available vaccines.